Mold Remediation

What can Mold mean to
You and Your Home?

Sickness – Including Hospitalization
Costly Repair Bills
Cause Your Home To Be Condemned


Outdoor mold is a natural part of our environment. However, mold found indoors can cause serious health problems. Mold reproduces by the process of tiny invisible spores which float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold spores become a problem when they land on a wet or damp surface, which causes them to grow.

Mold can cause allergic reactions, are irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Some allergic reactions that mold may cuase include hay fever-type symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rashes. Individuals with asthma who are allergic to mold may have an asthma attack

Mold may also be hidden. You may suspect hidden mold if your home or building smells moldy but you cannot see the mold. Hidden mold may be found in places such as the back side of dry wall, wallpaper, paneling, ceiling tiles, or carpets and pads.

It is impossible to get rid of mold as mold spores will be floating in the air and in house dust. The mold spores will continue to grow if there is moisture present. Therefore, it is important to find and clean up the mold and fix the water/moisture problem that is the source of the mold. If the mold is cleaned up, but the water/moisture source is not fixed, the mold WILL come back. Dead mold may still cause allergic reactions in some people, so it is not enough to simply kill the mold, it must also be removed.

Printer-friendly version | PDF versionPDF version

Mold Remediation Albany